- does not need to submit audited accounts but a financial summary needs to be filed with the Financial Services Commission in Mauritius (FSC) within 6 months of the year end;
- high degree of confidentiality;
- may not engage in reserved activities such as financial services, banking and insurance;
- may not hold any account in a bank in Mauritian currency (MUR);
- requires a management company such as Lemuel Corporate & Trust Management Ltd as a registered agent at all times;
- all meetings can be carried out where the directors or shareholders deem fit; and
- may hold shares in a Global Business Corporation (GBC).
An Authorised Company (AC) is an extremely versatile corporate entity for the purpose of e.g. a private portfolio holding company, trading company, aircraft and ship registration and property holding companies. An AC may be locally incorporated in Mauritius or registered as a branch of a foreign company. It is licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius.
At a glance
Global Business Corporations (GBC)
A Global Business Corporation (GBC) can carry out any financial or non-financial business activity, e.g., investment holding, asset management…
Authorised Company (AC)
An Authorised Company (AC) is an extremely versatile corporate entity for the purpose of e.g. a private portfolio holding company, trading company…
Protected Cell Companies (PCC)
A legal corporate entity having its own core cell of assets and liabilities and, at the same time operating any number of distinct segregated cells each one having its own cell assets and liabilities…
Mauritius has developed as an important centre for fund administration focused on Africa and Asia, where it’s expertise, fund legislation and stability make it the fund domicile of choice…
A Mauritius Domestic Company is governed by the Companies Act 2001. It may either be public or private, and is resident in Mauritius and liable to…
A legal arrangement in which an individual (the setlor) gives fiduciary control of property to a person or institution (the trustee) for the benefit of beneficiaries.
A Mauritian Foundation is governed by the Foundation Act 2012. It is a separate legal person consisting of a Founder, a Council, and the possibility of a Protector…