- does not need to submit audited accounts but a financial summary needs to be filed with the Financial Services Commission in Mauritius (FSC) within 6 months of the year end;
- high degree of confidentiality;
- may not engage in reserved activities such as financial services, banking and insurance;
- may not hold any account in a bank in Mauritian currency (MUR);
- requires a management company such as Lemuel Corporate & Trust Management Ltd as a registered agent at all times;
- all meetings can be carried out where the directors or shareholders deem fit; and
- may hold shares in a Category 1 Global Business Company (GBC1).
A GBC2 Company is a private company holding a Category 2 Global Business Licence . The GBC2 incorporated under the Mauritius Companies’ Act 2001 conducting global business with non-Mauritius residents in a currency other than Mauritian currency.
The GBC2 Company is an extremely versatile corporate entity for the purpose of e.g. a private portfolio holding company, trading company, aircraft and ship registration and property holding companies. A GBC2 may be locally incorporated in Mauritius or registered as a branch of a foreign company.