Usually a private company limited by shares used for international trade and investment. It cannot undertake banking or insurance or financial activities without being granted the appropriate licence.
- Can be registered with either a Chinese name or an English name; or with both English and Chinese names.
- No minimum share capital required. Any currency may be used to issue the share.
- Ordinary shares, preference shares and redeemable shares with or without voting rights.
- Bank accounts can be in either local or foreign currencies.
- Shelf companies available.
- Usually takes 6-7 days to incorporate a tailor-made company and one day for a ready-made company.
- No exchange controls in Hong Kong.
- No double tax agreement with any country except mainland China.