Clients (and potential clients)
In order to provide its corporate services, it is inevitable that Lemuel will process Personal Data. As a potential client and then (if applicable) as a client, the Personal Data that Lemuel processes will include persona and/or professional contact details (addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses), copy identity documents and proofs of address, copy professional and educational certificates, details of bank accounts and/or other payment details, details of financial standing and investment objectives. Lemuel also sends to all potential clients before onboarding them with a Lemuel CDD individual forms, Company Application form and source of funds form that they have to complete and send back to us.
Investors, Legal and Beneficial Owners, Settlors, Protectors and Beneficiaries
Lemuel also deals with individuals and other organisations that are connected with clients, such as investors, owners, beneficiaries.
As a connected person to the client/potential client, Lemuel is bound to process your personal data to be in line with its statutory requirements. The Personal Data that Lemuel processes include: copy identity documents, proofs of address, copy professional and educational certificates and data to facilitate tax information exchange.
If you are an applicant for a job with us, the Personal Data that we process about you shall include:
- your name, address and contact details, including telephone numbers and email addresses;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including entitlement to benefits;
- whether you are categorized as a disable person;
- equal opportunity monitoring information, including details about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health and religion or beliefs.
If you have already been recruited, we shall also ask for your bank account details in order to process remuneration/salaries.
Enquirers and visitors to our website
You may give us Personal Data by filling in a contact form on our website or by corresponding with us by email. In such instance, the Personal Data we process shall include your personal and/or professional contact details (addresses, contact numbers, email addresses).
We will also automatically collect certain information every time you visit our website and these will include:
- technical information including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computing device to the internet, your browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit which may include the pages viewed, page response times; and
- your country of location by reference to a look-up of your IP address against public sources.
If the collection, registration and further processing of Personal Data on Clients, Potential Clients, Investors, Legal and Beneficial Owners, Settlors, Protectors, Beneficiaries, Potential Employees, Employees, Enquirers and visitors to our website and other data subjects are based on the consent from the data subject to the processing of Personal data for one or more specific purposes. Lemuel shall be able to demonstrate that the data subject has consented to processing of such personal data.
Consent shall be freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous. The data subject must actively consent to the processing of Personal Data by a statement or by a clear affirmative action.
Sharing your data
We may share your Personal Data with:
Third parties who process personal data on our behalf to provide us or you with products or services linked to your business/professional relationship with Lemuel.
The third parties include:
- Professional advisers: lawyers, advisers, tax advisers amongst others;
- Screening service providers: due diligence and financial crime screening database providers, such as risk screen KYC 360, Thomson Reuters World-check amongst others;
- IT consultants and service providers: Including hosting and cloud service providers, such as Microsoft;
- other suppliers and providers of services to us: Including banks, our sub-contractors agents and other entities within our Group. i.e our subsidiaries or associates or subsidiaries and associates of our parent company.
Other third parties, where required or permitted by law, for example:
- Regulatory authorities;
- Government departments;
- To the extent required by law, regulation or court order, for example, if we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- When we consider disclosure to be necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal purpose;
- In the context of organisational restructuring (merger or other related transactions);
- For the prevention or detection of any fraud or other criminal activity.
Rights of data subjects under the GDPR
You have a right to see the information we hold on you and this will be made available upon request. Furthermore, you can also have your Personal Data corrected if it is wrong and in certain circumstances, have it deleted. You can also at any time restrict our processing of your Personal Data or as a last resort, even withdraw the consent you have given to us to process same.
Data Security in the Internet
Please note that the World Wide Web is a publicly accessible system. Therefore, it is possible for a third party to be aware that you are accessing this website. Furthermore, making personal information voluntarily available online is done at your own risk. Your data can be lost during transmission or be accessed by unauthorised parties.
Contact and Complaints
Kindly send us an email on the following email if you have any query on the above or any complaint about Lemuel’s processing of Personal Data: email@example.com