- The accounts are kept and the accounting documents are available in Mauritius.
- The share register is kept in Mauritius.
- Issue and redemption of shares are carried out in Mauritius.
- Calculation of the net asset value (NAV) is carried out in Mauritius.
- Two directors who are resident in Mauritius.
- The qualified secretary is resident in Mauritius.
- The bank account is maintained in Mauritius with an offshore bank and investments are made via that bank account.
- Board meetings are initiated and chaired in Mauritius.
Mauritius has developed as an important centre for fund administration focused on Africa and Asia, where it’s expertise, fund legislation and stability make it the fund domicile of choice.
Typical examples being (public) collective investment schemes, closed ended funds, professional collective investment schemes, specialized professional collective investment schemes, and expert funds.
At a glance
Global Business Corporations (GBC)
A Global Business Corporation (GBC) can carry out any financial or non-financial business activity, e.g., investment holding, asset management…
Authorised Company (AC)
An Authorised Company (AC) is an extremely versatile corporate entity for the purpose of e.g. a private portfolio holding company, trading company…
Protected Cell Companies (PCC)
A legal corporate entity having its own core cell of assets and liabilities and, at the same time operating any number of distinct segregated cells each one having its own cell assets and liabilities…
Mauritius has developed as an important centre for fund administration focused on Africa and Asia, where it’s expertise, fund legislation and stability make it the fund domicile of choice…
A Mauritius Domestic Company is governed by the Companies Act 2001. It may either be public or private, and is resident in Mauritius and liable to…
A legal arrangement in which an individual (the setlor) gives fiduciary control of property to a person or institution (the trustee) for the benefit of beneficiaries.
A Mauritian Foundation is governed by the Foundation Act 2012. It is a separate legal person consisting of a Founder, a Council, and the possibility of a Protector…