Can either be a private company, a public company or a foreign company registered under the companies’ Act of 2001
- Company may be limited by share or guarantee, or by both.
- Open bank accounts in local and foreign currencies.
- Claim double taxation relief under the various treaties signed by Mauritius.
- Can conduct business in Mauritius, deal with a person resident in Mauritius and can hold shares or other interests in a corporation resident in Mauritius.
- Audited accounts filed within 3-6 months after year end.